“Organic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe”
The best organic chocolate chip cookie recipe starts with organic ingredients. These cookies are big and delicious! This organic chocolate chip cookie recipe is a masterpiece, really moist, and extremely flavorful.
Some people will never understand the difference in quality and taste of organic ingredients. No matter if you use organic ingredients or not, make sure all your ingredients for this organic chocolate chip cookie recipe are very fresh. If any of your ingredients are more than a year old throw them out and go buy new & fresh ingredients.
Organic Chip Cookie Recipe Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cups softened (room temperature) Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1-1/2 cups Organic Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup packed Organic Brown Sugar
- 4 eggs (if possible farm fresh is best!!)
- 2-1/2 teaspoons real Organic Vanilla (NOT imitation vanilla!!!)
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed Organic Lemon Juice
- 3 cups Organic All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Organic Rolled Oats (NOT quick oats!)
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt (if using salted butter cut this to 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Organic fresh grated Nutmeg (buy whole nuts and grate yourself)
- 3 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (other chips will work, but not as flavorful)
- 1-1/2 cups rough chopped Organic Walnuts
- Parchment Paper for lining each cookie sheet (a must!!!!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Bake cookies one baking sheet at a time.
- Place the softened butter in a large bowl and cream with an electric mixer at medium speed for two minutes.
- Add the sugars and beat on medium speed for about two minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well (about 20-30 seconds) after each addition. After last egg is added beat on high speed for two minute.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice and beat well, about 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix with fork.
- Add these dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture and stir well by hand to blend.
- Fold in the oatmeal until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Stir by hand to combine.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup drop the batter on the parchment-lined cookie sheet leaving 2-3 inches between each cookie. On a standard size cookie sheet you should only be able to cook six cookies at a time. That’s right, only six so don’t try to fit more on a sheet!!!
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. The middle of the cookies should appear to be uncooked or whitish. DON’T over cook!!! This is where most people go wrong as they cook them to much.
- Immediately remove cookies to a wire rack to cool. The cookies will still continue cooking while cooling. Do not allow the cookies to stay on the hot baking pan.
- Wait 5-7 minutes to allow the first pan to cool down before loading it up again with 1/4 cup cookies on the same parchment paper (no need to replace it). Repeat this process until all the dough is cooked.
Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!
I love taking a couple of these organic chocolate cookies out on the deck with a glass of cold milk to sit and listen to all the birds. We have about eighteen feeders, a couple of birdbaths, and a fountain so the bird activity is incredible. The number one feeder for our birds is the Squirrel Buster Plus.